Attendant Outreach Services

Provision of attendant services is the responsibility of the Ministry of Health, Long Term Care Division. Services include physical assistance with activities of daily living, which an individual cannot perform because of the limitations of impairments resulting from a permanent physical disability. Services assist students with disabilities in their pursuit of adult education programs to obtain a certificate/diploma.

District Health Councils are responsible for recommending to the Minister of Health, how attendant services funding should be allocated. Annual and Multi-year Plans are developed by District Health Councils.

There are two ways for students to apply for attendant services; through a local agency (contact Community Care Access Centres) or through a self-management plan. More information is available from local Ministry of Health Long Term Care offices.

To Top | About Us | Services | Resources | Contact Us | What's New | Using this site | Text-only version | French version

© 2010 CCDI (College Committee on Disability Issues)
Contact Us by e-mail